United Midcoast Charities is seeking a Development Assistant to support its ongoing fundraising efforts, including individual giving, corporate and foundation grants, planned giving, sponsorships, and events. The ideal candidate will have prior fundraising experience, excellent communication/social skills, and be comfortable with current office procedures and digital technology.
Core competencies and qualifications include:
● Prior experience in fundraising, including working with donor databases (e.g., Little Green Light).
● Experience in donor cultivation/solicitation and retention tactics.
● Experience in grant research, applications, and writing.
● Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in small teams.
● Good judgment, attention to detail, dependability, and discretion with confidential information.
● Experience in using social media and other digital platforms.
Salary/Wage: $40-50,000, commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-Time
Start Date: July 1, 2022
Region: Midcoast Maine (Knox & Waldo counties)
Specific Location: Camden
About United Midcoast Charities
United Midcoast Charities, founded in 1942, is a 501c3 community-supported nonprofit whose mission is to energize Midcoast Maine nonprofit agencies through finance and guidance, supporting a network of resources stronger than any single organization. UMC’s primary areas of focus are food, housing, health & safety, and economic security. For more information, visit www.unitedmidcoastcharities.org.