Shop Local, Support Local!
Contact: Martha Nickerson, Owner
2531 Atlantic Hwy., Lincolnville, ME 04849
JOB DESCRIPTION: LINE COOK (WE HAVE HOUSING!)
ABOUT WHALE’S TOOTH PUB We are a midcoastal pub located in Lincolnville, Maine between Camden and Belfast. We are built on providing excellent meals to local residents and to our seasonal customers during the busy season. The Menu is American classic pub fare, with a farm & sea to table theme. Our site consists of a Pub, Dining Room, two Decks and Lawn seating on 400 feet of ocean front property. We are currently looking for a Line Cook to begin to gear up for the busy season and offer flexibility with hours and scheduling.
We pride ourselves on a highly engaged, motivated and happy team, built on 6 Cultural Values:
1. Exceptional food quality and presentation
2. Flawless and highly consistent service, enabled by speed and an always positive attitude
3. Comfortable, familiar and enjoyable ambiance
4. Unquestionable facility cleanliness and food safety
5. Team member satisfaction and passionate accountability
6. Deep community engagement
PART TIME / FULL TIME:
Full Time & Part-Time, including Seasonal and All Year
The Line Cook is a critical member of the kitchen team, focused on varied food prep, including vegetables, meat, seafood, baked goods and desserts. Specific Accountabilities:
▪ Prepare all food items as directed in a timely manner
▪ Follow recipes and presentation specifications
▪ Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
▪ Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment
▪ Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
▪ Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
▪ Restock items as needed throughout the shift
▪ Take feedback and apply to all future food preparations
▪ Proactively ask what else can be done if slow during shift work
▪ 2-3 years’ experience in kitchen, cafeteria or catering setting is a plus but we are willing to train the right candidate.
▪ The ideal candidate will be calm under pressure, a strong team player with great communication skills, and the ability to be flexible, positive and willing to jump in where needed.
▪ Detail-oriented while keeping an eye on the big picture.
▪ We want a candidate who is passionate about food and possess the desire to learn new skills. and gain valuable experience working with a culinary team.
▪ SERV Safe certification a plus, else we will pay for training.
▪ Good hygiene and transportation a must.
▪ Education: High school or equivalent (preferred).
$17-20 per hour depending on experience
Subsided housing in Mid-Coastal Maine!
▪ We have year-round subsidized housing available!
▪ Free meal per shift with limitations
▪ Flexible schedule
▪ Supportive of work/home balance and those seeking education
▪ Training opportunities to move up inside organization
▪ We follow CDC and Maine Department of Health Guidelines
▪ Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Whale’s Tooth Pub is an equal opportunity employer.