We have an opportunity for a Dental Assistant to join our growing practice. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment—directly assisting dentists in the delivery of great dental care to patients, you may be just the person we are looking for. Additional responsibilities include the following:
• Preparing treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
• Cleaning and sterilizing dental instruments according to infection control protocols.
• Taking and preparing x-rays for dentist review and reference using dental radiology standards.
• Escorting patients to the treatment room and preparing patients for the dentist and the applicable procedure(s).
• Updating patient's medical history
• Assisting dentist at chair-side in four-handed dentistry techniques; anticipating dentist's needs while at chair-side.
• Assists Dental hygienists as needed with charting and set-up/sterilization of hygiene treatment rooms and equipment.
• Providing patient education as appropriate and encouraging good home oral hygiene.
• Maintaining a safe, clean, and organized working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Protecting patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
Skills and Abilities
• Able to provide great patient care
• Ability to maintain poise and composure under pressure
• Be a team player and have excellent people skills
• Skilled multitasker with excellent analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Dental x-ray certification
• Certification or associate degree in an accredited dental assisting program
• Two (2) or more years of clinical experience in a dental practice
• Current BLS/CPR certification
• Proficiency using MS Excel, MS Word, and e-mail
To be at the top of our list, you will also have the following preferred qualifications:
• Two (2) years of clinical experience
• Experience using the Eaglesoft software application for all scheduling and charting activities